This report considers the financial and lifestyle
characteristics of consumers labelled as "wealthy". The term
"wealthy" in this report is taken to mean any consumer who has net
investable wealth exceeding £100,000.
Wealthy adults are important in many ways for consumers markets.
They represent the most important group of consumers to the
financial services industry in that they are the main investors in
assets like stocks and shares, property and "passion" investments
like works of art.
The global financial crisis and its impact on share values and
the financial stability of banks was a particular issue for these
adults as many held sums in banks exceeding the bank guarantee: if
the banks failed they could lose substantial sums. Therefore, this
report considers what they invest in and how they manage their
Around 20 questions were asked in total, covering the
- How much investable wealth they have
- Which financial products they invest in
- Their preferred investment strategies
- How they manage their wealth
- How they would like to change their relationships with their
- How frequently they review their wealth position
- How they became wealthy and what social background they were
- Whether they consider themselves wealthy
- The main advantages of being wealthy
- How their spending on luxury items has changed in the past
- Their psychographic characteristics
- Their attitudes to luxury brands
- How they view themselves (what wealthy famous people, if any,
they associate with, for example).
To download a table of contents for this report, click here.
To buy the Wealthy Investors report, click here.