This report looks at the confectionery market in depth,
comparing the fortunes of the different sectors and companies. It
also looks at today's consumer, considering in particular the
degree of involvement in this market and how choices are made.
- Galaxy had a performed strongly in 2009, with an increase in
sales of around 19%.
- From this summer, Mars, Snickers, Milky Way and Topic will all
contain at least 15% less saturated fat.
- Only 2% of YouGov SixthSense respondents never eat chocolate,
demonstrating the vast reach of this market.
- Individual bars (e.g. Dairy Milk, Galaxy etc) are by far the
most popular choice of chocolate for regular as well as occasional
eating, reflecting these products' status as the largest sector of
- It is also apparent that the most popular types of chocolate
eaten regularly are most likely to be mentioned by women
To download a copy of the table of contents, click