H.E.A.T (Household Economic Activity
- Gives you the earliest indicator of actual changes in household
- Early warning system for changes in key economic indicators
before consumer behaviour feeds through to official economic
- Analyses the current and future impact of key political and
economic events such as the Comprehensive Spending Review.
- Unique tracker, not available anywhere else.
What does it measure on a monthly basis?
- Change in Household Income
- Household financial situation
- Household spending
- Job security
- Workplace activity levels
- Household debt and borrowing
- Credit needs, cost and availability (secured and
- Inflation perceptions and expectations
- Price consciousness and decisions on major purchases
- House prices
- Confidence in the government
- The earliest indication of actual changes in household
finances, spending and consumer confidence.
- Forward-looking indicators of outlook for incomes, inflation,
house prices, employment prospects
- A written monthly report by an economic expert analyst which
reviews the findings within the context of the wider economy
drilling into data by income group, region, employment sector and
- 24,000 interviews per year.
- Monthly indicators to keep your finger on the pulse of the
economy: 2,000 interviews per month. The panel is structured
according to income, region and age to ensure that the tracker
results accurately reflect the true composition of the UK
population. Results are also weighted to further improve
- Wide variety of indicators based on "hard data" on what
actually happened compared to one month ago and consumer
predictions for the future. Taken together, give a rounded view of
changing consumer confidence levels.