This is the first report that utilises findings from YouGov Labs
which have been supplemented with an exclusive consumer survey
among a nationally representative sample.
This report examines music listening habits of the British
public with a strong focus on music lovers. In particular, it will
examine musical tastes, listening and purchasing habits.
Subjects covered include:
- Favourite genres - Demographic profiling of
- Ways of listening - Traditional versus
digital, accessing music via a smartphone and physical ownership of
- Streaming - Awareness of online music
services, usage of online music streaming services and amount spent
on music streaming
- Downloading - Penetration of music download
sites, playing back downloads and attitudes towards
- Discovering new music - Sources of discovery
and impact of discovery.
- Purchasing music
- Recommending music
- Live music
- Social media and connecting with artists -
Sites used and reasons for connecting with artists/bands
- Attitudes towards advertising.
To download a table of contents for this report, click