Corporate Social Responsibility
This report considers shopper attitudes and behaviour in
relation to the ethical and environmental policies, practices and
initiatives of the UK's leading retail companies.
The report provides insights into areas of brand positioning and
retail proposition development that retailers seeking to have a
robust ethical and environmental policy need to consider. It
addresses the issue of ethical and environmental responsibility
through analysis of perceptions of retailer performance based on
- Just over a third of adults (34%) now think that it is a matter
of some urgency that everyone does more to reduce their carbon
- Nearly 4 in 10 adults have stated that they are altering their
lifestyles on grounds of environmental consideration.
- Three in ten adults (30%) acknowledge that they are saving
money by being more environmentally conscious.
- Actively reducing waste is identified as a positive
environmental behaviour and is widespread with nearly six in ten
adults (58%) indicating that they are taking steps to reduce
- A relatively small element of shoppers (12%) think that home
shopping is actually greener than going to the shops.
To download a full table of contents for this report,
To buy the Corporate Social Responsibility, click here.