The central focus of this report is on consumer
attitudes and behaviour with regard to jewellery. It also includes
a brief review of market trends and broader relevant factors plus
market size estimates.
The report considers consumers' relationship with
jewellery through their views and attitudes to it, their style
preferences and their ownership and purchase. It also looks at how
consumers approach buying jewellery for others, as well as how they
prefer to buy and receive it themselves.
Trading conditions have been tough ever since 2008
when the UK slid into recession; as such, it has been neccessary
for SixthSense to investigate if and how the habits of jewellery
buyers/wearers have changed in the past 3 years.
The topics covered in the questionnaire included:
- Jewellery ownership and wearing
- Recent purchase for self and others
- Any change in purchase
- Purchase for special occasions
- How buyers choose for self and gift purchase
- Preferences and attitudes to jewellery
- Source of purchase
- Factors in choosing a retailer
- Awareness and importance of ethical issues.
To download a full table of contents for this report, click here.
To buy the Precious Jewellery report, click here.